We prepare you for any work environment.
A physiotherapist assistant works with a licensed physiotherapist to help patients with rehabilitation routines and treatments and assists with equipment and care plans.
Physiotherapist assistants should enjoy working with people and helping people start their lives over after an accident, suffered an injury or illness that has forced them to lose basic body functions.
During physiotherapy training, the assistant will learn the skills to assist physiotherapists and therapists. Theoretical subjects include rehabilitation, anatomy, physiology, human development, movement, disorders, physiotherapy, communications, gerontology, physical agents, rehabilitation and clinical case studies.
With this diploma, you are able to apply for any job looking for:
Physiotherapist Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Rehabilitation Assistant
|Physiotherapist / Rehabilitation Assistant||14-Dec-20||Mon- Fri||9:00am- 2:00pm||41 Weeks||Concession St. Campus|
|Physiotherapist / Rehabilitation Assistant||14-Jun-21||Mon- Fri||9:00am- 2:00pm||41 Weeks||Concession St. Campus|
|Physiotherapist / Rehabilitation Assistant||13-Dec-21||Mon- Fri||9:00am- 2:00pm||41 Weeks||Concession St. Campus|
- Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
- Taught by trained professionals in the industry – they have real-world experience
- Covered by Liability Insurance
- Fully covered by WSIB
- PTA Training (in class Theory & Practical)
- CPR / First Aid / AED Course included (Red Cross)
- Introduction to Occupational Therapy
- 200 Hours of organized Clinical Placement
- Grand Health Academy has been established to train competent, caring, health care professionals.
- With the help of qualified staff and modern technology, the student will exhibit personal growth.
- This program is designed to prepare individuals with the learning of physiotherapy, rehabilitation and occupational therapy assistant skills to function in a multitude of healthcare environments
- The PTA will understand the human body and its’ systems in healthy and disabled states in order for therapy to be beneficial
- The PTA will learn passive and active exercises in order to encourage independence in the client and share proper rehabilitative techniques to improve the client’s well-being
- The graduate will be prepared to work as a team member under the supervision of registered practitioners.
- *The tuition includes all costs from start to finish:
- Uniform, Books, Binders, Organized internship, First Aid / CPR (Red Cross / St. John’s Ambulance)
- Liability / WSIB Insurance coverage, Professional Exams
- *The only exception being a VSS Police check which varies in price from region to region (~$19-23)
Physiotherapy assistant jobs can then be pursued in a variety of medical settings. Here are a few examples:
- Physiotherapy / Occupational Clinics
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Private Homes
- Nursing / Long Term Care Homes
- Sport Medicine Clinics
- Chronic Care facilities
- Adult daycare centres
- Lodging Homes
- Retirement Homes
- Homes for the Mentally / Physically challenged
- The graduate must obtain 65% in each module and an overall average of 70%
- The graduate must pass their PTA Final Exam with a minimum mark of 65%
- The graduate must pass their Introduction to OTA Final Exam with a minimum mark of 65%
- Successful completion of hours and evaluation from Clinical Placement
|Duration||40 Weeks- Full Time|
|Course Level||Beginner, Intermediate|
|Features||In Class, Assignment, Practicum|
This PTA program covers the following module topcis of study:
Introduction of PTA, Rehabilitation, and OTA
Health Care Systems and Ethics
Interpersonal Skills, Communication and Problem Solving
PTA Administration and Documentation
Computers, Applications and Keyboarding
Body Systems and Diseases
Basic Patient Care Techniques, Functional Movement
Rehabilitation and Kinesiology
Essential Skills for PTA – Musculoskeletal
Essential Skills for PTA – Modalities and Physical Agents
Cardiac, Neurological, Respiratory and Wound Management
Introduction to Mental Health, Illness and Disability
Introduction to Occupational Therapy
After successful completion of the in-class theoretical component, you will be placed in a physiotherapy / rehabilitation clinic. There you will continue to learn under the supervision of a physiotherapy or occupational therapists while putting the theory into practice.