Enabling the PSW with qualifications.
The Medication Administration for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) program trains individuals in all aspects of dealing with medication in any work environment.
You learn about the laws, administration routes, protocols, types of medication and how a PSW can protect themselves within the work environment when medication is part of their scope. This program also enables the PSW to give medication in a safe manner.
- The PSW will gain knowledge in the common medication administered by a PSW;
- The PSW will acquire accurate information on the legal aspect of administering medication including the controlled Acts in Ontario;
- The PSW will obtain, develop and master the different skills necessary in medication administration;
- The PSW will understand the different rights of medication;
- THE PSW will show a return demonstration on administering medication through different routes.
|Medication Administration for PSWs||Nov 16, 2020||Tue – Fri||6:00pm – 9:00pm||1 Week||Concession St. Campus|
- Approved as a non-vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
- Taught by trained professionals in the industry – they have real-world experience
- Covered by Liability Insurance
- Fully covered by WSIB
- Theory, Laws and Training in giving Medication (in class Theory)
- Grand Health Academy has been established to train competent, caring, health care professionals.
- With the help of qualified staff and modern technology, the student will exhibit personal growth.
- This course is designed to prepare individuals with the learning of basic nursing skills to function in the long term care setting, assisting the elderly, disabled and patient in need of receiving medication.
- The graduate will be prepared to work as a team member under the supervision of registered practitioners and (in certain circumstances) alone in a work environment.
- *The tuition includes all costs from start to finish:
- Books, Binders
- Liability / WSIB Insurance coverage, Exams
Here are a few examples:
- Private Homes
- Doctor’s Offices
- Nursing / Long Term Care Homes, Hospices
- Health Care Agencies, Lodging Homes, Retirement Homes
- Hospitals, Chronic Care Facilities
- Red Cross, School Boards
- Homes for the Mentally / Physically challenged
|Course Level||Beginner, Intermediate|
|Features||In Class, Assignment, Practicum|
This program covers information in the following topics:
Introduction, PSW role and Accountability
Health Care Terms and Definitions
Legal and Ethical Considerations
Principles of Medication Administration
Narcotic Control Systems
Types of Medication Orders
Principles of Drug Action and Drug Interaction
Influencing Drug Action
Administration by PSW
Drug Side Effects and Management