Phlebotomy is a technological medical discipline which involves drawing blood from patients for blood analysis by using various techniques. Phlebotomists help doctors and nurses in patient care. Phlebotomist will be in demand for as long as there is blood to donate, diseases to fight and patients to treat, and in-fact there is a growing need for phlebotomists in Canada. This hands on workshop refreshes the phlebotomy practices to be followed.
Grand Health Academy, registered with Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, is committed to providing quality education to our students so that they are able to enter the workforce with determination and confidence in their work.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Phlebotomy
- Medical Terminology for Phlebotomy
- Patient interaction and related legal, ethical and safety issues
- Patient identification and lab requisition form
- Venipuncture equipment and Vacuumized blood collection system
- Safety and Universal Precautions in handling the samples
- Administrative Steps of Phlebotomy
- Hands-on Practical training on blood and specimen collection
- Preparing blood collection site and proper managing of the collected samples.
The Phlebotomy Workshop covers the following module subjects:
Anatomy and Physiology
Legal, ethical and safety issues
Lab requisition form
Vacuumized blood collection system
Safety and Universal Precautions
Administrative Steps of Phlebotomy
Hands-on Practical training
Preparing blood collection site
Managing of the collected samples.